Pop Culture Brain | Movies TV Music Web Theater
Trailer: Argo - Oct 12
Directed by Ben Affleck, starring Afleck, Alan Arkin, Bryan Cranston, John Goodman, Zeljko Ivanek, Richard Kind, Scoot McNairy, Chris Messina, Michael Parks, Kerry Bishe, Kyle Chandler, Tate Donovan, Clea DuVall, Victor Garber, and Taylor Schilling.
It’s been a decade, give or take. I went looking into the Hobart archives and the oldest story is from March 2002. Over ten years!
In the coming days and weeks we have more of these “from the vault” pieces where we want to highlight some of our favorite stories from the archives and give them a bit of a second life; a series of short, “craft-based” interviews focused onthings other than fiction, like skateboarding and thrift stores; a few food & drink pieces, including a monthly bourbon review; interviews with “non-readers”; movie reviews; lots of ideas we’ll probably come up with later; and even poetry(!!).
For this, our launch, a handful of us editors looked back at some of our favorites from the Hobart archives:
- Elizabeth Ellen looks back at Tao Lin’s “The Novelist” from Aug./Sept. ‘04
- Matthew Simmons looks back at Amy Minton’s “Overhanded” from May ‘07
- Jac Jemc looks back at Spencer Dew’s “The Exit Colony” from October ‘04
- Jensen Beach looks back at Glen Pourciau’s “Belly” from October ‘08
- Aaron Burch looks back at two Aaron Gwyn shorts from early ‘02
Thanks. We hope you like.
(via Hobart :: Hobart 2.0)