about 14 hours left to enter this. remember: every entry helps us buy another bottle of Buffalo Trace bourbon. (ok… every entry actually just helps us pay contributors and for the printing of the issue.)
I made this today, for a Hobart mass email (by which I mean I did a quick Google Image Search, dragged it to Photoshop, cropped it, and threw down a layer with type. Productive day. I’m exhausted.).
- $16 entry fee; enter as many times as you like, but each entry is $16
- Prize: $500 (for each winner; for a total of $3,000 in prizes)
- All entrants will receive a copy of Hobart 14 (or any past issue or SF/LD book of your choice. Please note your preference; if not specified, you will receive Hobart 14, upon its release)
- There are six judges: SF/LD authors Mary Miller, Adam Novy, Karl Taro Greenfeld, Elizabeth Ellen, Jess Stoner, and Dylan Nice. Each judge will choose their own personal favorite and write an introduction to accompany the story in . (SIX chances to win! SIX different judges, with different tastes!!)
- All submissions will be read blind.
- Please do not include your name on the story/attachment itself. All entries with names included will be disqualified.
- Each judge will be reading submissions as they come in, until they find their winner. (Kind of like The Voice or something, right? A little? (note: we haven’t actually seen The Voice and this might not be an appropriate comparison at all)). What this means is, the longer you wait to enter, the fewer judges/chances you may have to win.
- Each of the 6 winning stories will be published in Hobart 14 with an introduction by the judge.
- Deadline: May 31, 2012 (or until all 6 judges have chosen a winner!)
- Bonus $100 BISON PRIZE(s?) for best cover letter ridiculing or praising contests, name-calling, admonishing us for using one, etc.